Skip to main content

Primary Research


At the beginning of 1990's the development in the field of virtual reality became much stormier and the term Virtual Reality itself became extremely popular. We can hear about Virtual Reality nearly in all sort of media, people use this term very often and they misuse it in many cases too. The reason is that this new, promising and fascinating technology captures greater interest of people than e.g., computer graphics. The consequence of this state is that nowadays the border between 3 dimensional computer graphics and Virtual Reality becomes fuzzy (Mazuryk, Gervautz 1996). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME MESSAGE

Hello Everyone,                    My name is Kabir Jhamnani, I am seventeen years old and I am from Hyderabad India. I have come to Leicester UK for my Degree in Computer Science (BSc). My hobbies are to swim and watch movies. I like knowing facts about about new technologies. I have a lot of interests in sports, I am a swimmer and have participated in many competitions.   

Reflect on Research experience

At the end of my research I had gained a lot of knowledge about Virtual Reality such as about the history and application. I feel that this technology has a lot of scope in future in all the aspects such as in professional occupations, education and gaming. This technology would build one more virtual world where everyone would live in their own graphic character in this world. VR has a number of advantages but I also found out that it has many disadvantages also.

FUTURE OF VR TECHNOLOGY

Oculus' virtual reality ambitions extend well past  standalone headsets . In a talk at Oculus Connect 5, the company's Michael Abrash updated his predictions for the future of VR headset technology. Most notably, he sees an end to the  bulky headsets  that define the experience today. Pancake lenses (already in use with interchangeable lens cameras) could slim down headsets or lead to ultra-wide fields of view, but the real star may be  waveguide displays , where light bounces down extremely thin glass plates. You could see VR headsets that are scarcely thicker than glasses, with images that are as wide as you need. Abrash showed a concept drawing (this isn't a hint at a future product, he stressed) for a headset that would make your Rift or Go look positively ancient, although he wouldn't predict just when you might see such a device. You would also see augmented reality glasses that are "socially acceptable,"